McAfee Total Protection 2018
Installing McAfee Total Protection on all of your Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices are really a great idea as this version of McAfee is fully compatible with your all of the devices. This makes a lot of sense for the modern multi-platform household. McAfee Total Protection is precisely the same as McAfee Internet Security, except for one added feature and one enhanced feature. The core of McAfee Total Protection is antivirus, scanning your files for corruption. McAfee Total Protection provides web monitoring, automatic updates, and a password manager. You also have real-time web monitoring. McAfee will filter sites as you access them, as well as scan files before you download anything from that website. The Web monitoring feature of McAfee Total Protection also removes trackers and cookies and comes with parental control. Parental control is turned off by default, but you can always switch it on in the “privacy” tab of the UI to set restricted sites whenever it is required.
Features & Benefits:
- Antivirus Protection: McAfee AntiVirus Plus provides a very high level of security protection and uses the same scanning technology found in all other versions of the McAfee software, matching files against known malware. The protection is always up to date just because of its automatic update feature.
- Firewall: Firewalls are basically software programs or hardware devices that filter the information coming through your Internet/network connection to your devices that are connected to that connection. A firewall protects you and your devices by examining each piece of information that flows between your devices and the Internet. Having a strong firewall can always protect you from unknown people or hackers.
- Security and Privacy Features: McAfee AntiVirus Plus includes few extras features which are essential and needed for its Windows & Mac users. McAfee Antivirus Plus has its own firewall protection for all kind of devices. While macOS includes its own firewall security to stop unwanted applications from connecting to risky or phishing websites, McAfee Antivirus Plus also offers its own for Mac users.
- Performance & PC Optimization Tools: It automatically, identifies software in need of updating by checking the version on your PC against our database using Vulnerability Scanner. It deletes unnecessary temporary internet files that slow down your PC with McAfee QuickClean tool. There is another tool called McAfee Shredder, that help you to securely destroy sensitive files such as tax documents, bank statements etc.
- Wi-Fi Protection: This security provides a high internet security protection as well. Its Two-Way Firewall security tool monitors and stops in and out traffic of your PC trying to get connected to suspicious servers and known Botnets.
- Automatic Updates: Total Protection performs automatic updates for you, as long as you allow it. Whenever you run a scan, McAfee will check for application updates. Having a central location for updates is nice.
- McAfee Shredder: Our favorite feature is the McAfee Shredder. Like a paper shredder, this tool obliterates your sensitive digital data. You can shred any folder, but McAfee is pointed toward your recycling bin by default. Shredder is probably performing a similar function to Dban, rewriting the binary, so a deleted file can’t be stitched back together.
- Web Protection: This feature helps you to make smarter decisions about what to browse, what you click, and protects you from malicious downloads and phishing websites.
- Network Manager: It automatically monitors your home Wi-Fi network even when you’re not at home. It blocks unknown devices from accessing your Wi-Fi in order to prevent you from others on your internet usage. This feature is badly needed when you do not have any Wi-Fi Password on your network.
- Parental Control: McAfee Total Protection is good for all devices like Windows, macOS, iPhone, iPod, and iPad and offers website and search filtering. The security program automatically blocks age-inappropriate sites, such as known pornography websites, as well as filter Google search results. It also includes location tracking for Apple devices that are equipped with GPS technology.
- True Key (Password Manager): True Key is a kind of Password Manager by McAfee. On Windows or macOS, True Key installs as a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browsers. True Key does all the basic password management tasks like it captures your credentials when you log in to secure sites, plays them back if you revisit such sites again, and lets you visit and log in to a site in just one click.
|License Type||New License|
|License Term (Months)||36|
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.10+, Android 4.1+, iOS 9+|